Sharing knowledge is critical to Relay’s mission. Members seek to create consistency in energy efficiency implementation across the nation, by sharing relevant resource materials through the Relay Community of Practice.
Reports and Materials
Relay’s member organizations share resources including reports, case studies, presentations and other helpful data.
- The High Cost of Energy in Rural America (2018)
- Making Affordable Multifamily Housing More Energy Efficient: A Guide to Healthier Upgrade Materials (2018)
- Making Sense of Your Multifamily Housing Stock (2017)
- From “Utility of the Future” to “Communities of the Future” (2016)
2018 ACEEE Proceedings
- BEMS on a Budget: Energy Savings with Low-cost, Cloud-based Monitoring Systems in Affordable Housing (NEI)
- Condensing Boilers–Are They Cost Effective? (MN CEE)
- Field Assessment of Ducted and Ductless Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pumps (MN CEE)
- Small Steps in Coordination Equal Leaps and Bounds for Pennsylvania’s Underserved Families: Driving Policy Improvements through Collaborative Advocacy (Action-Housing)
- Net Zero + Low Income + Innovative Thinking = Residential Energy Efficiency of the Future (VEIC)
- Seizing the Moment: Incorporating Efficiency, Health, and Renewables Upgrades into Affordable Housing Financing Events (EEFA)
- Integrating Energy Efficiency and Solar Resources to Benefit Affordable Multifamily Buildings (ACEEE)
- The Air Source Heat Pump’s Transformative Potential
- Building America Case Study: Quantifying the Financial Benefits of Multifamily Retrofits (2016)
Events and Webinars
Relay offers monthly Community of Practice (COP) discussion groups regarding pertinent industry trends and topics. We record the COP discussions and post them here. Member organizations also offer educational resources that support the Relay Network’s mission.
Relay Monthly Community of Practice Discussions
Member organization suggest links to information that they find useful in implementing energy efficiency measures.
Appliances and HVAC Model Information
- Department of Energy Appliance and Equipment Standards Program CCMS
- Federal Energy Management Program – Energy and Cost Savings Calculators
- ICP Commercial – Model Search for Current and Past ICP Models
- AHRI Directory of Certified Product Performance
Building Materials – Content, IAQ, and Locality
• Buildingclean.org – Information on where products are made and the content.
• Pharos Project – Information on the content of building materials.
• Bluegreen Alliance – Site that connects locally made products used in energy efficient building.
- NREL’s PVWatt’s Calculator – PV installation estimator.
- Building Science Corporation – Joe Lstiburek’s Building Science Website.
- Energy Vanguard Blog
- Home Energy Pros Forum
- Green Building Advisor – Some articles and access to details require a membership; other articles are available for free.
- Home Energy Performance Coalition